Old 20-08-2019, 20:42   #245
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
You are finding this hard to accept aren't you?

When I used all that data in Greece I went with what I already understood from the sales team when I was sold the Oomph package. They told me the SIM is truly unlimited in the UK and EU. I therefore had no doubts, so didn't go blindly in, as you put it. (I'm trying not to take personal offence here.) Indeed I recommended the SIM to a number of folk I met over there. Doubts were sown after the adamant and cautionary responses to my celebratory post of a couple of days ago. It's a shame really. I have spent hours waiting for or talking to confused VM staff when I could have just carried on enjoying my good fortune. I felt I had to investigate further just in case I had misinformed fellow holiday makers. Luckily I hadn't.

I am sorry you still doubt Oomph department experts and managers. I can't help you out of your fixation on what you can see in black and white any further. I did ask for a definitive paragraph, but that is in the training manuals, something VM staff can't share. Hopefully, shortcomings in VM publicly available pages will be amended soon. Are we being too optimistic expecting VM to have updated relevant pages to a service that only came out in May? If I ran VM I would have had the information pages ready to go on Day One. Meanwhile, I am just happy that those who really should know, the Oomph Team, have confirmed what I thought I knew all along.
Don't take offence, do as you please with what you believe is correct, I'm just trying to help you and others reading this. While you have nothing in writing, the terms and conditions of the oomph bundle you are on, you know, the very legal bit? They state a FUP applies. You've spoke to numerous different Virgin staff who are supposed to be trained yet have give you different answers. The last person as even misinformed you of the roam like home on the 'normal' sims.

I get you, I really do. You have some random person who doesn't work for Virgin Media telling you different to those that work there. But take a step back and look at the facts. I'm more than willing to hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong, but until I see documentation stating otherwise, then FUP applies to roam like home on all sims including those that are unlimited, it's the only thing that makes sense.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote