Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 18:25   #243
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
'New' and definitive information re Oomph Unlimited SIM card:

But first-

I actually did read the legal stuff for Oomph (previously boosted) whilst in Greece and at home. It doesn't tell you in the section on Virgin Mobile or anywhere else what price to put in the calculator and doesn't link you to the calculator anyway.

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...conditions.pdf

There is a reason for this.
The Roam Like Home FUP does apply to all Oomph SIMs - from the link above:

Quote:
From E.11
If you are roaming in the EU, you also need to comply with our roam like home policy. The costs for outside of allowance for EU use and additional services that allow roaming outside of the EU are set out in our tariff table or are available from our team
Quote:
From the glossary:
roam like home
the use of your inclusive minutes, texts and data allowance in your airtime plan while roaming in the EU. Fair Use Policy applies https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff.
Quote:
The Oomph unlimited SIM is truly unlimited at home and in the EU. There will be no charges for my usage and no charges if I went and did exactly the same tomorrow. I asked Simon to check this with his peers and his manager. He did so and also checked with the manager for the whole unit. This is now a 100% definitive answer. The Oomph SIM is a truly unlimited at home and in the EU. It is unique in that respect. He is now going to approach all the other departments I spoke and texted with, to tell them this. Their information is not up-to-date. Simon apologised for all the confusion.
Unfortunately he is incorrect there. I'll also pick this up with my colleagues tomorrow and find out why he's given incorrect information.

Quote:
I also asked him about the status of regular SIMs with a limit on. For them he explained that in the EU they can use 80% of the allowance they get at home, so a 10GB allowance would give you 8GB to use in the EU.
Again unfortunately that's wrong. The FUP calculation is here - it's never been a straight 80% of your UK allowance:
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...roam-like-home
Quote:
The Fair Usage Policy data allowance is calculated by taking your monthly airtime cost (excluding VAT and any Freestyle loan amount), multiplying by 2 and then dividing by the current EU wholesale cap. The current data wholesale cap is included in our tariff tables.
I appreciate this is difficult for the Oomph SIMs currently as there is nothing to direct what to put into the calculator - but as I said above I did expect this to have bee updated online now. All agents should have a list of the Roam Like Home FUP data figures for the SIMs - I do not know why Simon didn't have this.

Last edited by BenMcr; 20-08-2019 at 18:36.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote