cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
'New' and definitive information re Oomph Unlimited SIM card:

But first-

I actually did read the legal stuff for Oomph (previously boosted) whilst in Greece and at home. It doesn't tell you in the section on Virgin Mobile or anywhere else what price to put in the calculator and doesn't link you to the calculator anyway.

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...conditions.pdf

There is a reason for this.

I just rang the Oomph Team (Sheffield based) and spoke to an op named Simon. The Oomph Team are fully trained up on all aspects of Virgin Media's service and are able to answer 99.9% of your problems and troubleshoot similarly. This is the definitive answer.

The Oomph unlimited SIM is truly unlimited at home and in the EU. There will be no charges for my usage and no charges if I went and did exactly the same tomorrow. I asked Simon to check this with his peers and his manager. He did so and also checked with the manager for the whole unit. This is now a 100% definitive answer. The Oomph SIM is a truly unlimited at home and in the EU. It is unique in that respect. He is now going to approach all the other departments I spoke and texted with, to tell them this. Their information is not up-to-date. Simon apologised for all the confusion.

I did explain that some members of forums had told me in no uncertain terms and 'written in black and white' that I had to pay formy data usage according to the fair use policy. He tells me that they are wrong. FUP doesn't apply to this SIM card.

I also asked him about the status of regular SIMs with a limit on. For them he explained that in the EU they can use 80% of the allowance they get at home, so a 10GB allowance would give you 8GB to use in the EU.

Just a thought. Perhaps folk with standalone £32 unlimited SIMs should call Virgin Mobile and ask about FUP for their own EU roaming. They might get a pleasant surprise. What is 80% of unlimited?

For example: A 50GB limited SIM costs £25. 80% of 50GB is 40GB available to use roaming in the EU. It would seem unfair to me that someone who pays £32 for an unlimited SIM can only use 13.75GB per month.

Anyway. Thanks for all your input.
No it doesn't tell you what to put into the calculator which means you simply just ignored the FUP and did what you wanted anyway even though you knew there was some kind of FUP in place. That's listed in the terms for the oomph bundle. Did you receive the welcome text that stated about the FUP when switching your phone on in Greece?

He has already gave you incorrect information regarding the sims. Using the calculator, £25 for 50GB gives you a limit of 10.74GB, not 40GB like you are stating.

I hate to question someone who is supposed to have superior knowledge on the products they sell, but I'm still not convinced. Everything in black and white points to a FUP on roam like home be it unlimited or not. I also want to know why you think your unlimited sim is better than the £32 unlimited sim. They are both unlimited sims.

Have you got all of this in writing? I'd be asking for documentation before trying this again.

Last edited by Mythica; 20-08-2019 at 18:41.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote