Old 20-08-2019, 16:16   #240
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
At the time of heading off roaming I was unaware of the calculator or of any nominal cost for my SIM. There should be direct clear links to such information. There are not. In effect I am like any Jo Bloggs with a new toy and no upfront documentation telling me that Roam as at Home was actually misleading guidance. You are telling me that it is not Roam like at Home. Just like any Jo Bloggs my assumptions seemed to be confirmed by the fact that I got no data warning, credit warning or any charges in my mobile bills. The facts that you have ended up having to repeat frequently on my behalf are only in black and white if you know where to find them. They are as hidden as the notice on Alpha Centuri

As I type I am in conversation with another department where the OP has gone off to speak to a manager, because they don't know the definitive answer either. His assumption was the same as mine, i.e no charges for unlimited SIMs of the Ooomph kind in the EU. He was surprised that there is a charge and told me that he had given that advise to other callers.

Sorry mate. In the end you may well be right, but most, not all VM employees haven't discovered this yet.

I am not going to respond again for now, unless I come up with definitive new information with documentation that tells me precisely what I should put in the calculator, if anything, £25 or £32 or something else.

Bye for now.
The text you receive when you connect to another network when roaming as soon as you switch your phone on specifically states about the FUP. Did you not receive that text? I'm guessing you also didn't read your terms and conditions of the contract you signed which also states you have to abide by the roam like home policy.

I'm not here to cause grief or trouble or be argumentative. I do believe that the FUP calculator could be more clear for those on packages like the ultimate oomph. But this just smacks of well it's not my fault as I didn't read anything and just assumed I can do what I want. I hope you don't get charged, I'm just annoyed that after doing all the research, pointing you in the right direction that it all fell on deaf ears simply because you didn't believe what I was saying, even when providing links. Just to add, there is no special sim for the ultimate oomph bundle, it's just the unlimited sim they sell for £32.

I wish you the best as you might be in for a long ride.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote