View Single Post
Old 27-04-2022, 14:17   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Celebrating 60 Years of James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
From someone who claims to be a film aficionado
I can confidently say I have never said that in my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
classic films remain classics because of their achievement at the time as well as their contribution to the development of the art.
indeed but it doesn't mean they carry the same weight or value today. The whole point is that they were fantastic for their time. Just because a film may have been ground breaking in the 1930s doesn't mean I want to watch it today. The Artist is a perfect example if you have seen it. Would you want an infantry battalion from WWII in our army today or a dot matrix printer? They were good in the day but that is where they belong.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote