View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 23:47   #3787
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
AGAIN, I'm NOT being selective. I'm NOT trawling hundreds of articles looking for the "required" quote. I'm also not prepared to simply blindly accept the utter garbage the UK media throws out. It just happened to be in the SAME article of a comparison between South Korea and Italy.

Now imagine extrapolating requiring 8,600 police officers and TWO thousand unidentified people, for EACH AND EVERY night club area in the UK. Is widespread use of phone data and CCTV and credit card details accepted in the UK? Of course not. South Korea put there systems in place after their 2015 MERS(Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) outbreak. As I've also previously pointed out, in South Korea they readily wear face masks/coverings. If South Korea hadn't had all their LAWS and systems in place BEFORE all this, then they would've also been badly affected. They identified a case where somebody was travelling to Japan via South Korea. By identifying that problem person, they prevented more cases occurring in Japan.

Doesn't look like South Korea has an app.

Isn't that what the UK media have been whinging about? Then again, what haven't they whinged about?
Watch The country that beat the virus - a Channel 4 documentary to see what we’ve done vs South Korea. While not a fan of the title, it shows what routine, effective measures to contain pandemics apply to countries that lack English exceptionalism.

You’re also making up completely excessive and ridiculous requirements to simply claim we couldn’t do it. 2,000 people per night club? Where does it say South Korea have that?

Do you think South Korea only has one night club?

You’re clutching at the very end of a thin straw with your arguments here. And I’ve seen you copy and paste the same irrelevant evidence often enough to know you are being selective and ignoring the plethora of evidence and statistics out there to support the idea that South Korea have handled this well and England have not.

Given the daily differences and trends for infection and death counts in the devolved administrations I’m not sure it’s fair to tar them with the same brush. Of the 357 deaths added to the figures only 12 were in Scotland, 4 in Wales and 1 in Northern Ireland. With healthcare being a devolved matter it’s going to be interesting to see these figures move in the next weeks and months. No doubt England’s figure will be higher for “cultural” reasons or counting discrepancies as is the norm.