View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 17:02   #1448
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I was really hoping Arrow was going to cancelled. They haven't learnt the Neegan lesson.
Personally, I still like it, even though they have largely removed Oliver from the Arrow character. However, even if I didn't, I would just stop watching it. I wouldn't call for it to be axed. Not least because sometimes, when I've encountered a series where they've made a change that just hasn't worked, they've realised that and changed it. Axing the series sort of stops that.

For instance, I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer. A lot of people didn't like Seasons 4 or 6. Season 4 introduced "The Initiative", a shady government organisation that took the series into a conspiracy thriller area that the writers didn't appear comfortable with. Season 6 made the series more soap like, which, again, a lot of people didn't like. Had they axed it after either series, we would not have seen some episodes that are arguably the best of the entire series.

That said, there have also been series where they've made a change that hasn't worked, not sorted it out, and there series has ended up being axed (Heroes being one example).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote