View Single Post
Old 25-08-2018, 18:37   #1320
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I wouldn't say a new script but certainly a modified one. I and others have talked to Joe Mallozzi on this and he sort of put it this way. Sort of as I'm not quoting verbatim.

A script is what the writer envisages as how the story unfolds but the table read takes in ideas from the cast which may lead to modifications. When we get to rehearsal there may be further input from the actors, writers, cast, crew and executives from the studio/media company airing it. There is then a metamorphosis to what is seen on screen by the viewer including it being cut and edited to fit the time slot while still keeping to the general story line. A script is like a living entity maturing at a fantastic rate until it is finally "in the can" and ready to air.
I think he meant a new copy of the (modified) script.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote