View Single Post
Old 23-06-2020, 19:51   #4199
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Rumours of a second wave are circulating amongst the "South Asian High Risk Group". Either that or over a dozen 5kg bags of rice and maybe more in pasta in each of 3 trolleys going through the tills at Tesco was an aberration. Just one couple.

Toilet roll stocks stripped from ALDI too by the same couple half an hour before.
As I posted yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Just had a chat with my bro-in-law, who is a research SVP for a large* biosimilars company in the USA - they are, and I quote

Quote:
currently preparing a clinical trial at Johns Hopkins and UPenn to kick in the autumn when we expect a resurgence in the northeast
No matter what Governments are saying, he says most of the Pharma and biosimilar companies are expecting the 2nd wave September/October, and are planning for that - it’s not just following the science, it’s following the money behind the science.

The company he works for has already started human testing of an experimental Covid-19 antibody cocktail designed as a treatment for the disease, and they should know within a month whether the treatment is effective.

*market cap of $70 billion
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.