View Single Post
Old 18-10-2012, 13:12   #180
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That is interesting.

Prior to ESPN UK launching, wasn't ESPN America a stand alone channel costing between £8 to £10 each month anyway.

If ESPN UK closes, and ESPN America stays, I'm guessing it'll drop out of XL and will return to being a stand alone premium channel. ESPN America HD launched over 2 years ago and Virgin never went after it. It makes you question how much Virgin actually values the channel.

Good news for ESPN America fans is if it does drop out of XL, and becomes a premium channel again, the chances of getting ESPN America HD as part of your monthly subscription will no doubt increase drastically.
It started as NASN at £10 a month. ESPN then took it over and improved the picture quality dramatically. However, in those days they had NHL. For me the loss of NHL is a major thing that will probably stop me from signing up to a stand alone pay channel. They will not be getting it back any time soon as Premier Sports signed I believe a three year deal in the summer.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote