Thread: SKY vs Cable
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 16:38   #9
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: SKY vs Cable

NTL may not have any plans as yet, but could decide something in the next 10 to 15 years. They might just shock SKY by cabling streets just out of the blue unexpectedly as they will try any trick in the book!

You are right, NTL and Telewest are decommisioning a few sites which have never been used or low income sites as they have to pay business rates to local councils for each property they run cables on which isn't easy for cable companies or BT infact!

Vodafone has recently de-installed a few of it's mobile masts and relocated some whilst others have been withdrawn completely.

BT Payphones has been removing it's public payphones over the last 4 years.

NWP purchased 1000 interphone public payphones, only 750 kiosks were replaced with new ones.

All of the above problems are being caused by the high tax rates and rents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweaty
I don't think rupert murdoch, my boss would let it go bust.

NTL arent cabling new sites in existing areas and are pulling out of some existing areas citing low or no revenue return. I've worked for both NTL, BT and now Sky. Sky with it infrastructure make even BT look poorly organised and NTL, well a complete shower of .....

The BT and Sky deal was never going to last and there have always been spats between them.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote