View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 11:16   #35
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Adobe flash Player

Dude111, you could try https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

I think that had Adobe been able to get the security vulnerabilities under control, we'd likely have Flash player for a few more years yet.

Sadly, they couldn't. Doing so would likely have required a massive investment, and when most modern browsers can do virtually everything we previously needed Flash Player for using built in functionality, Adobe probably thought they wouldn't see enough of a return on that investment.

As for no reason, I think Hugh got it right.. Security should be a massive issue for anyone who even connects a computer to the internet. Disabling a product that is both a massive source of security problems and barely used by most people is, IMO, a no brainer.

Personally, I can't remember the last time I used a flash website. The only computer I had it installed on (which has since been re-installed with no flash player) was my laptop. The only reason I had it installed is for home schooling. When they switched to home schooling in March, the school my Niece and Nephew go to required they go to one website that, at that time, still required flash.

Thankfully, it seems to have been updated now.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote