View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 02:38   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: PlayStation 4 PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It doesn't play 4K blu Ray disc movies though.
Which the Xbox One S can do. Note its also clear from the complete lack of specs and poor terms to describe them that its somewhat less powerful than Microsoft's Scorpio.

Still, Double the GPU, 4 times the resolution? Isn't really happening, it's an upscaled device being fanned out as a 4K machine.

Just sell Steamboxes loaded with your own OS that users can upgrade at will where they see fit, they can keep their exclusives via limited availability or restricted to Microsoft OS, can still ship it with your own controller and even your own brand on the top whilst opening a huge platform for 'console gamers' with access to the Steam store whilst fully retaining its pick up and play status.

I get it though, there's more money to be made in restricted hardware. You wouldn't be buying upgrades from them and thus they wouldn't make that much money after the original sale. Thus they wouldn't get your £400 every time they threw out a new machine.

If Microsoft can get their equivalent out for a reasonable price then Sony will just be adding to their world of hurt. Not doing very well lately.

Side note: It would likely have been cheaper for the consumer that ends up owning both if Sony had actually produced this console instead of the original PS4, they could have sold it for around the 600 -700 mark with rough hardware estimates. In not doing so, anyone that purchased the PS4 and the Pro will have paid extra. I understand that no one would pay 600 quid though, just pointing it out.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 08-09-2016 at 02:48.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote