View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 13:04   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
How's your Phillipino? or do you lack the basic intelligence to speak it?
I don't speak a word of it, but there again I don't need to as I aren't taking a Phillipino job whilst their own people are being made unemployed.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I do not mean to offend anyone but this is just my opinion and experience with VM and call centers.

I do think being able to make yourself understood is necessary don't get me wrong I do feel sorry for them simply being it must be extremely for both parties when both parties cannot understand what each other is saying.

Maybe it's me and maybe I have a strong Scottish accent that they have difficulty with example if you have a strong regional accent then maybe they are going to have trouble understanding you as that seems to the problem I have.

I do wonder if they have difficulty with other regional accents or is just me?

I just feel most of the time when I get through to them we seem to be communicating in a different language to each other with very little understanding of how to rectify the problem due to the lack of understanding of both accents.

I personally find this extremely frustrating and tbh it is not very good for customer relations. I may be selfish but when I phone with a problem to customer services I do expect to get some sort assistance maybe I'm asking too much or being selfish here to expect this

I do not think they lack intelligence nor do I think that they are idiots but what I do think is both parties must find the experience of not being able to understand each other fully, very frustrating and that is not good for both the customer or the business. I do find them very polite when they say sorry Mam I do not understand or Oh I'm sorry Mam that is not correct.

I fully appreciate that these call centers are needed at times but did it not use to be that offshore take the calls out of hours, plus any overflow during the day.

Lately it just seems impossible to get through to a UK call center that's all.
I think that their poor command of the English language is a contributory factor (some are better than others), but a lack of common sense is too.

I don't suppose reading everything from a script helps either.

At one time, because I refused to deal with them, I had a special UK number allocated for me to call. Malones Liberty Global 'efficiency savings' put paid to that.

It wasn't free like 150, but was worth every penny to be able to speak to someone and have a normal proper conversation; I remember people asking, almost begging me for it, but I had been given strict instructions not to divulge it.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote