View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 18:13   #3
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Sky to invest in new VM network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
VM may open up their network, if, as I expect, Liberty eventually sell off VM to Vodafone, Comcast or whoever.

But as said, the story comes around every few years and nothing comes of it. Having their own network gives VM a major advantage over Sky and other competitors and I doubt they will relinquish that advantage any time soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Malone is getting old and wants to sell. LG is too small on its own now, so either Malone links all his various assets up, or he sells.

I see the cable cos sold off by LG to Vodafone (which gets cleared soon by the European Commission) as the warm up act to come.

Why not?

Comcast is a cable company, by nature.
I predicted back in April that Sky and VM would get into bed with each other in some way and it looks like it's happening. Perhaps this move is a stepping stone to Comcast taking full control of VM and eventually offloading its satellite business, minus its 10 million customers which it will try and migrate over to cable/FTTP.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote