Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2019, 07:39   #1628
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Joking aside, if you re-visit my post you will see that your comments aren't really relevant to my post.

For example your statements
- "the leave voters didn’t know then what they know now" doesn't make sense as I'm not talking about leavers, I've referenced the voting intentions of constituencies where the MP voted for/against Brexit in a different way to the majority of the constituents.
"You are rationalising without knowing anything about the constituency." I don't doubt your knowledge of the constituency as a resident, canvasser and friend of John Redwood's. However, I do think that sitting MPs in constituencies like his will be severely tested where their views on Brexit differ from that of their constituents if an election occurred soon. I've also made the point that this applies both ways, eg if there is a Remain MP in a Leave constituency.
In reality I doubt it. The correct colour rosette voters seem unbothered, as the results in David Cameron's constituency attest. A remain voting parliamentary seat now has an ERG MP, elected twice due to the bi-election.