Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2019, 21:50   #1624
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Honoured that you are honoured. I know what you mean but it was your post that I read and was moved to reply!

My reply is equally applicable to Ian!

Joking aside, if you re-visit my post you will see that your comments aren't really relevant to my post.

For example your statements
- "the leave voters didn’t know then what they know now" doesn't make sense as I'm not talking about leavers, I've referenced the voting intentions of constituencies where the MP voted for/against Brexit in a different way to the majority of the constituents.
"You are rationalising without knowing anything about the constituency." I don't doubt your knowledge of the constituency as a resident, canvasser and friend of John Redwood's. However, I do think that sitting MPs in constituencies like his will be severely tested where their views on Brexit differ from that of their constituents if an election occurred soon. I've also made the point that this applies both ways, eg if there is a Remain MP in a Leave constituency.