View Single Post
Old 18-08-2013, 14:14   #9
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
The rubber pad is actually a connector. It has alternating layers of conductive rubber and insulating rubber. The transparent pads on the LCD (Actually tin oxide) are aligned with the pads on the PCB and the rubber does the rest.

Called an elastomeric connector.

BTW the "black plastic dome" is actually a chip bonded to the PCB and wired by fine connections. The plastic is a protective cover. Called "chip on board"

HTH
Thanks for an excellent answer!

================================================== =======================

On a separate note, I've just found a fix for a broken sliding wardrobe door roller which was proving to be a real PITB. The nylon roller was fixed to the supporting bracket by a metal rod running through its centre. This had worked loose over time and would have required welding to repair (which I can't do). After studying it a while I managed to find a bolt of similar diameter and managed to tap a suitable thread into the hole in the bracket then screw the bolt into place nice and tight. Job done! (well apart from having to put all the wooden trim I had to remove back in place and make good... lol).
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote