View Single Post
Old 21-03-2006, 15:07   #4
McYorkie
Inactive

McYorkie is a jewel in the roughMcYorkie is a jewel in the roughMcYorkie is a jewel in the roughMcYorkie is a jewel in the roughMcYorkie is a jewel in the rough
Re: Where Is Hdtv From Ntl.....when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner4life
November apparantly so my contacts tell me, apparantly a one off fee for the STB (which you still rent) and no increase on subscription.
Interesting information there - I wonder whether that one off fee would just be for the PVR functionality or also include full access to channels such as Sky One HD or National Geographic HD? If thats the case than they may be onto a better deal than the SkyHD pricing model is indicating for their HD service.

However, we've had many false dawns for PVR/HDTV on ntl: so far, I'll be amazed if this actually happens this year - it just shows how better organised the ex-TW areas have been in actually getting their version of TV Drive to market before Sky has, even allowing for the lack of HD content at present.

Having said that, the specifications for the MPEG4 version do sound fantastic - the usual issue will be getting the temperamental Liberate software to work properly on them without reboots being regularly needed.
McYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote