View Single Post
Old 18-09-2021, 22:41   #377
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, they would offer the ‘linear’ broadcast channel due to the current level of broadband penetration. That makes absolute sense.
Which is a round about way of saying the customers aren’t there. The business mode isn’t there.

Quote:
It’s transitional, jfman. That’s because it’s only 2021.

Oh, and it costs billions to invest in a linear broadcast channel now, does it? Not long ago, you said it cost buttons to do so. I really hadn’t appreciated inflation was that out of control.
As you well know, it’s the broadcast part that is buttons.

The contracts BT hold, plus the customer base (and the leap towards an actual business model) that costs more.

I could set up a stall selling fake Pepsi. The fact it looks like Pepsi and I’ve got no customers doesn’t mean I’d command the share price of actual PepsiCo.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote