View Single Post
Old 27-06-2022, 16:55   #563
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
https://advanced-television.com/2022...ers-value-dtt/

‘TV & Radio infrastructure company Arqiva is launching the Broadcast 2040+ campaign, in coalition with organisations including Age UK, Silver Voices, the Rural Services Network and the Voice of Listener & Viewer (VLV).

The campaign aims to secure a commitment from Government that DTT and broadcast radio will be safeguarded to 2040 and beyond.’
I know, Hugh, but those other countries, and probably ours too, will probably fight against that. I don’t think our government will be happy with the idea - they seem to be committed to the subscription model for the BBC, to accommodate the growing calls to abolish the licensing fee so that those who don’t watch it don’t have to pay for it. Unless they can find a technical means of enabling only those paying a subscription to watch the BBC by broadcast, and assuming that demand for bandwidth for 5G+ continues to grow, I wouldn’t bet my money on this campaign being successful.

You never know, though. Perhaps they will get cold feet.