Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2022, 18:39   #104
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I rang them three days ago as I usually have the price increase taken off, but not this time. I told them that not doing so would result in many accounts that I control being switched elsewhere (and I would do it), but that made no difference whatsoever.

I then spoke to my contact at the CEO office who said that she would see what she could do, so I gave her 7 days to get back to me. I've just received a call to say that I won't have to pay the increase.

It sounds to me like they thought they'd be strict and insist everyone paid extra.

I've never known an automatic discount on the phone like that before. Well done, it sounds like they are receiving a backlash against the price increase. Good.
I was given a 12% increase every month despite being on a 18 month fixed price contract so I started looking elsewhere.

Did a bit of shopping around, found a Sky TV deal which includes Netflix 4K (which I already pay £13.99 a month for) and Sky Customers also get Discovery+ so when my current sub of that ends I will get 12 months.

Managed to eventually get a deal on broadband with VM (200m for £28) ironically a rolling discount of £10 I had has rolled over so paying £18 a month for the next 10 months.

Quite happy as SkyQ getting installed this weekend