Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 20:09   #1315
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What about the statistical chance of getting flu?
Irrelevant.

Quote:
I do not understand why you are deliberately ignoring the fact that hospitalisations due to Covid are pretty low, and we have probably just about reached the peak number of infections.
Hospitals declaring emergencies, cancelling elective surgeries and my local NHS board putting on social media to stay away as there are 12 hour queues. Forgive me if I don’t agree with your subjective interpretation of “pretty low”. Lower than last January isn’t a particularly significant measurement in my book.

Quote:
This is no longer the desperate situation it was, due to Boris Johnson’s master stroke of investing in vaccination development at an early stage. He was the first leader to recognise that vaccinations, not lockdowns, were the way out of this.
So you don’t think the public should be reliably informed to exercise their own “common sense”? All pandemic you have cried out that people should be trusted. Why not now?

I am however glad you’ve now accepted the decision to lock down and delay infections to after vaccination was a good one. As you say, Covid is no longer the desperate situation it once was.

Last edited by jfman; 11-01-2022 at 20:20.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote