Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 08:05   #1306
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The pandemic doesn’t exist because people test. It exists because people get ill.

It’s no more credible to have a “bury head in sand” approach now than it was in February 2020.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

200,000 people a day didn’t test positive because they felt fine and randomly took a test for entertainment value. Similarly the rise in cases around Europe, America and the rest of the world isn’t some collective mass hysteria.
You know as well as I do that it is not the case that only those who are feeling ill who get a PCR test.

In any case, that’s not the point. What I am saying is that the number of PCR tests has increased substantially of late, so it’s not surprising that the number of reported cases has gone up as well.

Lateral flow tests are not getting reported, and so now that fewer PCR tests will be carried out in favour of the former, the number of reported cases go down. Do you get my drift?

As for the actual number of people who have the virus, with or without symptoms, well yes, that number is very high. However, given that the lockdown was designed only to enable the NHS to cope, it’s the number of hospitalisations that is what matters. Of course, being such a low number, this is not what you prefer to focus on.