Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 14:49   #1201
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Coronavirus

"from food processing to transport to Border Force"

oh come on, that phrase is about as meaningless as you can get, but let's go with it to make you happy.

Food Processing:
butchers, bakers, fishmongers, fast food outlets, restaurants, hotels, raw food suppliers, food factory workers (including agency/zero contract) . . and more.

Transport:
hauliers/drivers (from HGV to light vans), warehouse workers, bus drivers, train/tube drivers and platform staff, taxi drivers, airport and ferry personnel . . and more.

Border Force:
customs officials, police, immigration services, and all the departments that associate with them . .

I'm no expert or mathematical genius, but that lot there adds up to well over 100,000 people . . before you start adding hospital workers (from cleaners to consultants) doctors surgeries, opticians, dentists, refuse collectors, shop workers, social workers, care workers . . and many more.

I'll ask again (because nowhere is giving me a decent answer) . .

What is a 'key worker' and why are there only 100,000 of them?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote