View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 18:07   #3687
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Let me save anyone the hassle I went through today, ignore my previous post and do not buy these cheap Now TV monthly passes from Argos.
I shall try to abridge my experience to fit into a readable post.

I turned up at 10am when the store opened to pick up my "fast track" order, another 30 minutes passed as they tried to find my vouchers, eventually the store manager who had become involved handed me two monthly Sky Sports passes, I asked "well aren't you going to activate them?" to which he feigned ignorance and told me I just had to scratch off the number and apply it on my account.
I politely explained that the cards were worth nothing at all unless he activated them, cue another 20 minutes whilst they tried to do the activation and eventually being told they would have to give me a refund.
The staff in this Argos store were stupid enough to hold their conversations very loudly so I could hear what they were saying, from their conversations it seems these passes they are selling off are out of date and will never be activated or work!

I guess they think most people buying one don't know the procedures or wont bother going back when the voucher doesn't work.
Lesson learnt for me, I got full refund and will never be tempted to fall for Argos selling off vouchers on their own cheaply again.