View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 18:01   #2334
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Now that i have got the Now TV box 2015 version i have a few questions to you experts with them.

1. Is the box based on a Roku 2 or 3?

2. I believe it can be hacked via the developer menu?

3. If it can be hacked i heard i can side load 1 app only and alot of people side load the Plex app, if i did this could i somehow use my external Mybook World network drive with it without installing a Plex server on a PC that needs to be on all the time?

4. Can i hack the resolution to output in 1080p all the time in developer mode?

5. Does the USB port let me stream MKV and other content if i plug a memory stick into it?

6. Can i hack it to install the Roku firmware?

Thanks!
1. Is the box based on a Roku 2 or 3? I think it is ROKU 3

2. I believe it can be hacked via the developer menu? no but you can access the developer menu. https://recombu.com/digital/article/...ode-now-tv-box

3. If it can be hacked i heard i can side load 1 app only and alot of people side load the Plex app, if i did this could i somehow use my external Mybook World network drive with it without installing a Plex server on a PC that needs to be on all the time? plex will work not sure about mybook

4. Can i hack the resolution to output in 1080p all the time in developer mode? no

5. Does the USB port let me stream MKV and other content if i plug a memory stick into it? you would need to sideload a app apparantly to play anything of a usb device, i recommend just sideloading rarplex and use your computer as a media system or paying a extra £30 and getting a ROKU3 which will have more options and apps, rokus do have all uktv catch up services as well as netflix, amazon video, nowtv, sky store etc.

6. Can i hack it to install the Roku firmware? no.