View Single Post
Old 24-05-2018, 03:14   #5090
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Solo: A Star Wars Story 5/10

I was going to give it 4/10 but the finale gave it the extra point. Up and till the finale it felt like a very b-grade scifi action with no substance which would keep 8 year olds happy with the all the explosions and special effects. Very little resembled the look and feel of Star Wars and is what Fantastic Beasts is to Harry Potter. Quality wise I would say it is on par with White House down and up and till the finale I wasn't even going to say it is worth watching but it ends up being passable. The finale upgraded it to an average Sunday afternoon film and I liked how it tied it into the prime story line. There aren't any wow moments and even the soundtrack is very monotonous for the first half of the film and just orchestral noise. It gets better in the second half when they start using some of the old themes. I have heard people were blown away by Lando's performance and that he made the film but I honestly didn't think it is was anything special. The only positive for me in the whole film is Kahleesi, she was excellent and I didn't recognise her to start off with. The problem I have got though is with the continuity and somebody is going to have to explain this for me and probably a lot of other people as well because I am not into my Star Wars history and expanded universe:

Spoiler: 
At the beginning of the film when Solo is trying to escape the city/planet he is on you see him bribe his way through a checkpoint which is run by the empire ande guarded by stormtroopers. At this point I am unsure what the time period/year is so I assumed the Empire was established and setup but when we flash forward 3 years and Solo is in the Empire you have got ground forces on a planet in the middle of a massive battle and they are all normal people like Solo and not stormtroopers. This confused me but at the end of the film you see Darth Maul (which they have to make painfully obvious for you) which means it is pre-Episode I which means it is pre-Attack of the Clones so that explains the lack of the clone army and stormtroopers in the battle at the beginning of the film. If that is the case though then why are there stormtroopers and the Empire at the checkpoint at the beginning of the film because I didn't think any of that existed back then?

Last edited by Stephen; 24-05-2018 at 15:19.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote