View Single Post
Old 19-07-2022, 10:11   #3680
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Our next Prime Minister is either BAME, female, or both. All in all the supposedly nasty Tories seem to do rather well at this sort of thing. I wonder when Labour will stop lecturing the nation about equality and diversity and elect someone other than a middle class white bloke to lead it.
Ironically, all the Conservatives whingeing about other organisations' woke positive discrimination are members of an organisation which under Cameron's guidance did exactly this. They have helped make Johnson's cabinet so diverse in ethnicity albeit not diverse in class.
Quote:
The next year, Cameron introduced a priority list of female and ethnic-minority candidates to be selected, many for safe Conservative seats. By the next election, the number of Conservative female MPs had risen from 17 to 49, and ethnic-minority MPs had increased from two to 11. Today, those figures stand at 87 and 22, respectively. By diversifying his party “at the top and from the top,” Katwala said, Cameron succeeded in transforming its image as a seemingly more inclusive and representative party, even if, in reality, it continued to lag behind the Labour Party in the diversity of its parliamentary caucus. In the House of Commons, more than half of Labour’s nearly 200 MPs are women and 41 are of ethnic-minority backgrounds—although Labour has so far failed to elect a woman or minority leader.
https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...ersity/670507/

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
At least Boris generally did things in style. If you are going to be a buffoon, make mistakes do it properly. I prefer that to the normal political weasels on either side of the political divide.
I prefer my buffoons to be on the small screen not heading up the country.