View Single Post
Old 18-01-2017, 09:35   #3842
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

My thoughts are that tariffs imposed are at the discretion of the imposer so we don't have to put tariffs on imports from the EU, likewise they don't have to put tariffs on our goods. So while access isn't as easy or "free" from outside deals can still be struck, likewise with other trade partners.

The UK can also decide duty levels, visa/travel arrangements between ourselves and the EU just as we can with other nations. Again not automatic or as free and easy.

What we do have more freedom on is not having to always follow EU diktats on such matters. If the EU wants to impose higher duty on imports from certain countries and we don't we are free not too (this could already be there I don't know).

What I think will be interesting is do we have to deal with the EU as a whole or can we work with individual countries within the EU. This will be the fun side of things, especially with some of the other members who are less happy with the EU.