Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 22:47   #1337
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
I'd disagree with you on that one.

Given that it is a milder, and as you say a "minimal risk to life" illness, this in actuality, means that the discrepancy between hospitalisations and deaths with or of covid matters more than at any stage previously in the pandemic.

In other words, has this person died because they had covid? Or have they died from some other reason but at some point in the recent past they tested positive for covid, which had no influence on their death?

Or, this person coming to hospital, because they can't stop coughing and can't breathe because they have covid, or because they broke their leg at a football game, and tested positive?

Yes, I do get that a covid-positive patient, whether or not they are in because they have covid, perhaps requires additional barrier methods, but, the detail is still important here.

That's very important. It suggests that there is a higher proportion of deaths that would have anyway occurred. In other words, if this continues, Covid has been cracked.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote