View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 20:27   #768
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, it is only TV, but people seem passionate enough about it to write so much on it in this forum, even so far as to speculate about what channel numbers may be allocated or what might happen to shopping channels.
With the best will in the world to everyone on CF the vast, vast majority of people simply watch television.

Quote:
I think Netflix has captured the imagination because it is so different from anything we had before. But like the advent of ITV back in the day, people get used to it in the end.
It depends what you had before I suppose. Cable companies have been pushing out on demand content for two decades now. Again, in the end I think you are mistakenly taking the view that people who don’t subscribe to streaming services do so for some irrational reason, or a lack of basic digital skills.

I think the major platforms and TV manufacturers have done an excellent job of integrating streaming services. The reality is far more likely to be the that they don’t represent good value for money to non-subscribers which ultimately the crux of all consumers discretionary spending. The comparison with ITV - a universal free to air service - is invalid.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote