View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 20:00   #557
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Updated] New petrol & diesel car sales banned from 2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I think all this "charging at home or in car parks" system is looking the wrong way.

Why not CHANGE your flat battery for a charged one at some local location?

I'm sure it could be done. In-and-out in minutes instead of hours. No need to have charging leads all over the place. No need to upgrade all the local power lines.

The South Korean government is changing all telephone booths into battery-exchange units for their growing number of electric bikes.
In Taiwan you can subscribe and just swap out your battery for your electric scooter as you go.

https://electrek.co/2020/01/01/gogor...tional-israel/

It works for bikes, and I’m sure will catch on globally, but it doesn’t works for cars, as Hugh points out.