View Single Post
Old 17-05-2021, 20:47   #10485
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Basically, you don’t have an argument. You have admitted that you don’t know what these business models are, and yet you say with calm confidence that their business models couldn’t support the acquisition of these sports rights.
I cannot analyse fictional business models that seemingly exist in your head but not in the executives of Amazon, Facebook, DAZN, Google, etc.

Quote:
Sky and BT on their own did not have any problem bidding, so you cannot tell me with any credibility that the bigger pocket streamers can’t afford it.

Quit while you are behind, my friend.
Conflating ability to afford with being able to get a return on investment undermines your arguments as you claim to understand business in a capitalist economy.

I’ve told you these organisations are cash heavy. To the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars. That is not one and the same as being willing to buy the rights without a credible business model whereby they get a return on said investment.

If the value of the rights are falling it’s clear that the market believes Sky/BT have hit as close to the optimal business model. No new entrant can invest the same and get the same return. That’s literally the purpose of a blind auction - to push all potential bidders to their limits.

Streamers - with the exception of Amazon at the bargain basement bucket - haven’t even engaged to date. I trust their judgement far more than the fiction you have developed and continue to push on the forum.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote