View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 23:23   #52
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: VM loses UKTV channels

So Virgin claims the BBC is witholding on demand, and UKTV says the fallout is because Virgin is cutting the amount it's willing to pay them. Where does the truth lie? Somewhere in the middle is my guess.

The 2016 BBC carriage deal with UKTV included 10,000 hours of on demand content, including Only Fools and Horses (see here). OFAH is BBC content of the type Virgin says UKTV can't provide. So at some point in the past two years, UKTV seems to have lost the rights to on demand BBC archive programmes. If the BBC gave UKTV no option to renew the on demand rights, I can see why Virgin would be upset with the BBC.
That to me would not be a failure on Virgin's side and if they are getting less from UKTV, why wouldn't they expect to pay less?

Of course, the same could be said for the customers too!
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote