Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2018, 00:27   #653
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Unfortunately, it will be several people in the street and not in the factory if we are willing to open our ears to what the likes of Airbus are informing us. I don't think we will get to this stage as it's in no one's interest.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-ai...-idUKKBN1JW0XG
What a wonderful example you have linked to Andrew, not a multimillion pound industry but a multibillion one!

I take it you are taking the media line that it is a warning to just the UK Gov but not the EU so let's have a look at it and it will possibly involve Dave's assertion that there is no transition period in event of a "No Deal" scenario.

Quote:
“The certification for thousands of parts that are today part of the supply chain, part of our aircraft, would fall apart, and that could be a very troubling situation for us and could eventually lead to a standstill of production,”
Yep, in the event of no deal I can see that, I bolded "eventually" as I'll come back to it later.

Bear in mind the UK produces only the wings for Airbus and has the supply chain in place.

Quote:
“In case there is no agreement, we will not be allowed to install parts and make them fly on airplanes so there will be aircraft grounded,”
So which aircraft will be grounded? Both you and the media have said our operators won't be able to fly in EU airspace so he must be referring to EU operators surely!

Quote:
“We will, of course, speak up. We do this because this is what we owe our shareholders,” German-born Enders said.
Of course this is what busnisses do he goes on though.

Quote:
Asked to provide examples of the steps being taken to soften the impact of Brexit, Airbus’s Faury said the company was looking at installing a three-month buffer of parts in some factories.

But in order to reach this level in the nine months remaining before Britain leaves the European Union, suppliers would have to abruptly raise production by one third - whereas most of suppliers were already at full capacity, he said.

Airbus is building warehouses to store the extra parts, an industry source added.
This is not the head of an industry saying production will be moved out of the country (though it may be eventually) but one saying he is striving to get a 3 month buffer of EASA cerified parts to put in the wing to carry on production for at least 3 months after a full brexit if there is no deal.

That takes us nicely back to Dave's assertion that there will be no transition period in the event of no deal! What will happen to 3 months supply of uncertified wings? There'll only be certified parts inside of them, the wing itself has to be certified.

So yes Andrew, I took time to read (couldn't listen) it, I suggest you do the same.