Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2020, 00:53   #1086
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

The NBC Sky News collaboration has been cancelled after NBC news changed management it seems in May....not sure if this has been mentioned.

Which is a shame as i do love the american news channels for the sheer comedy of it. fox news never showed up on virgin media and then got cancelled on sky....nbc news failed to appear. sad times.

I used to think american channels would try to come over here. we had ABC at one point if memory serves me correctly and that went. BBC america exists and has done for some time in america. Yet the likes of NBC and CBS never tried to come over here full time.

I'm not even sure if the NBC peacock service will come. it seems odd that for a country like the UK which is so similar to the US in terms of culture and language that the americans havent come over to us directly by now except by buying our tv providers.

Like imagine if NBC had just launched their own channel over here back in the 2000s and just broadcasted friends and frasier on it instead of selling their shows on. Maybe its cheaper? But in that case couldnt they have just sold their channels in particular states to companies and then charged them to show their shows? I dont know i just thought our tv channels would have been americanised more like the rest of our culture
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote