View Single Post
Old 19-07-2021, 14:10   #3
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
This isn't to dispute anything you've posted based on what you've been told, but I'm not sure what has happened there.

Since Virgin Mobile moved to the new purple SIMs, there should never normally be a reason that a new phone requires a new physical SIM card - unless the device needs a bigger SIM size than the one you're currently using. This rarely is the case in 2021.

With it saying 'R' it seems that it is working, but in a way that your current device doesn't like. Specfically your current device seem to be treating the SIM as if on a roaming network, which could also explain why data doesn't work as that's usually switched off for roaming by default.

What is your current device? How old is it?

If your upgrade has been cancelled then you will be back on your existing contract term. Any new term based on the new airtime plan and device will not apply.
Thanks for the reply. Existing device is a Samsung A50. It's approximately 20 months old I think

The operator said I have signed the new plan agreement so am bound to it for another 24 months. It's only the device upgrade that has been cancelled. My mobile web plan still says the new tariff.

Quote:
Based on what you've said it seems your existing SIM moved from the EE radio network to the Vodafone radio network ahead of your new device arriving and your new airtime plan starting. However that shouldn't have deactivated the SIM in your existing device.
I have no idea who has deactivated what really, but at the end of the day I'm left with no mobile phone service through no fault of my own.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote