cf.addict

Robertus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Akamai Cache Congestion

Synthetic - are you able to post in this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5.../false#M272628

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Looks like Virgin are hijacking anything on port 53, which is why using another DNS like 1.1.1.1 / 8.8.8.8 doesnt work, but DoH/DoT does as port 53 is only used from your devices to your local pihole, then encrypted to the upstream DNS with DoH/DoT.

I'm not sure Virgin will even listen to us on this as it appears to be how they redirect customers to their Netflix cache (which works fine) and who knows what other caches, i know they used to do it with youtube aswell but i'm yet to notice an issue there
Looks like I'll need to figure out how to enable DoH via pihole then.

Assuming this fixes all of my issues. It is strange that this did actually work fine though.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Looks like Virgin are hijacking anything on port 53, which is why using another DNS like 1.1.1.1 / 8.8.8.8 doesnt work, but DoH/DoT does as port 53 is only used from your devices to your local pihole, then encrypted to the upstream DNS with DoH/DoT.

I'm not sure Virgin will even listen to us on this as it appears to be how they redirect customers to their Netflix cache (which works fine) and who knows what other caches, i know they used to do it with youtube aswell but i'm yet to notice an issue there
is there anyway I can test my DoH - I've installed cloudflared, however using the cloudflare encryption test I get a question mark for DNS sec
Robertus is offline   Reply With Quote