View Single Post
Old 15-10-2020, 15:15   #9
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Finally True Broadband Competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
Honestly not a lot, just things like discovery and those channels. Most of my viewing is from streaming services like netflix and amazon prime.

Like you said i'd have the bandwidth which will be great for offsite backups from the NAS.

It's all very exciting...i'll be like a kid watching the road being dug up and the fibre being put down. I just hope the Ubiquiti Edgerouter X i have has Gigabit throughput on the WAN side.
Looks like it is up to it with 941Mb WAN to LAN throughput. I'm assuming this is your model in the list. That's all you will need on VM's 1.1Gb service, because the ethernet ports are only 1Gb anyway. That bandwidth is for sharing across your network between hungry devices. With the City Fibre / Vodaphone symmetrical 900Mb you are well set up too.

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tool...-to-lan-tcp/35
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote