View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 23:24   #1243
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes, I was sure they were last weekend, I just couldn’t see them tonight ... so I’m having an educated guess.

Needless to say they’re not showing up in the planefinder app.
They have a very recognisable sound, as do Chinooks. We get get a lot of aircraft flying over us both rotary and fixed wing, military and civil, and I can tell the Chinooks and Apaches.

Just today we had either an F22 raptor or F35 lightning fly over, I assume it was an F35 but I only had about 3 secs and I’m not in the royal Observer Corp.

First one I’ve seen and It didn’t sound like any other fast jet I’ve seen.