View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 18:41   #1
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough
Cancelling and porting number advice?

I take charge of the broadband and phone for my Mam's house. We've recently come to the end of a good deal with Virgin, sadly they can't match the offer Vodafone have at £24pm for phone and broadband (76Mb).

Now when I explained this to them they said they would put the 30 days notice in for the broadband and leave the phone line live so the number can be ported out to Vodafone. All well and good, matching an experience I had when I migrated to sky some years back.

So I place the order with Vodafone who advised that the number will be ported over. Service has gone live and number I want to keep (originally a BT number we've had for over 20 years) hasn't seamingly ported across. Vodafone state that Virgin needs to disconnect the line before they can apply to have the number ported across.

Virgin state the service has to remain live, this position supported by the Sky, Plusnet etc.

What do I need to do to get my number ported from VM to VF?
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote