View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016, 23:52   #167
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I answered the question you asked - would they be doing this if they were losing MPs, and they are losing MPs.

So it's bad for democracy that constituencies should be roughly the same size?

Perhaps it would help democracy if the students and others registered to vote...
I will rephrase the question m'lud: "if they were losing more MP's than Labour".

The democracy bit refers to the increasing lack of balance in the 2 party system we have. Without the numeric ability of the opposition to effectively challenge the Government in power, we get bad government. If the opposition are reduced by a number by twice the amount of the government's this just adds to the imbalance.

Hugh, you may even agree with me on this?