View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 23:05   #823
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
I know few here saying if VM go ahead thats it they are moving lock stock and barrel there custom.

Thats your decision but you must remember your moving from the frying pan and straight into the fire if you goto BT telephony & SKY TV.

If you think VM is bad then SKY, BT is just as evil to support PHORM and dont deserve custom.

Why should you move your TV to SKY if SKY talk talk is going to support PHORM. To me it does not add up on that front.

As for telephony its different you still got to go to a scummy company BT so we can get a NON compliant ISP.

BT probably laughing that they know they cant lose custom due to we all have to move to BT in order to get BE.

I maintain if I do have to go BT my TV will stay with VM the alternative I suppose is freeview(not exactly brilliant service), I am not allowed a satelite but for those who want a clean break from these companies I suggest look into FREESAT for TV.

You cant completely cut ranks to teach all companies a lesson due to telephony issue.
I suppose you could decide against a land line all together and go mobile but then what about internet.

Basically in a sense what I am saying you cant punish one to move to another evil attitude company who is going to support PHORM. It makes no sense.
I will not be using Sky for my broadband i will be Using Be Unlimited which is LLU and does NOT use the BT network. Just because my line is BT does not mean it will be Subject to Phorm ?

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
See, this is the point. There have been repeated quotes that no identifiable information will be sent to the Phorm system, no name, no address, no IP address, nothing (btw your IP address is stored against every post here, a forum moderator - with the right permissions- can see your IP address). There may be privacy issues yes, but so far no DPA issues that I can see of the quotes from Phorm, BT Website is true.

It can only be a breach of the DPA if personal identifiable information is sent.

I don't think for one minute that VM would do that, this is a matter of persoonal privacy between you and your ISP.

Whether or not we believe Phorm is one thing, whether we can trust VM to do the right thing, in our opinion, is a totally different matter. I have no intention of signing into this system, and I will sign out if I have to.

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Thanks Sirius. I can read, however your two posts seemed to contradict each other a little, possibly tainted by your feelings towards VM prior to this Phorm revalation. I just wanted you to clarify a point or two...which you have.
Toto

No problem

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/