Old 27-10-2020, 23:37   #4437
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit-Transitional Period Ends 31/12/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
All that said, I'm consistent in today's thread that the EU is intent on punishing us for not agreeing to continue to be controlled by them and not agreeing for them to have unfettered access to our fishing waters. If you cannot see that, then it's because you don't want to.
I'm afraid I can see them wanting to give us less preferential treatment then they do to those country that still pay their subs, now if that's punishing us then yes you're right. I am smiling however how selective you are about us being 'promised' the Canada deal - in the very article you posted it says more than once that any such deal was years of negotiation away - it's almost you didn't (choose to?) read past the headline.

I just can't help thinking that some very pro-leave people are akin to someone cancelling their season ticket at their local premier league club then being incredulous when they find out they can't continue to have access to every home game for free. I don't like or agree with some of the things the EU have done but at the same time some of the things the UK have done have made me quite angry and are certainly not something as a county we should be proud of - if you can't see that then it must be because there are things you don't want to see either.