View Single Post
Old 19-02-2008, 21:41   #115
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevans View Post
Care to elaborate, Toto? I'd be interested to read any info you've seen on their rootkit activities (and more importantly, so might the data protection commissioner). Presumably these would be ineffective against our Mac and Linux cousins?
Sure thing, if the moderators have no objections, I think I can find some links from the VM discussion forums....give me a few minutes.

OK, read this first (its a pdf document, scanned with NOD32, safe).

The Chairman and CEO listed in there may have been responsible for this

And this article will seal it. You will notice the company name in there is the one behind Phorm.

Apologies if I have broken forum rules, but I think it makes interesting reading if these articles are true.

EDIT: This article really puts some meat on the bones.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
I'm curious about this part on the Phorm FAQ:

Does that mean this system replaces existing adverts on websites you visit? I can't imagine that would make anyone who runs a website particularly happy if they're to lose out on revenue from 70% of the UK.

Please correct me if I've grasped the wrong end of the stick...
I think you have grasped the stick firmly in both hands. Is it me, or does this look worse by the minute??