View Single Post
Old 24-04-2024, 09:35   #27
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Referee's need retrain and VAR

An issue I have is not the technology itself but all the furore that goes on post-game with people looking at video frame by frame and supporting or opposing what happened. It's just a game (regardless of size or shape of ball) and it really doesn't matter that much what the result is.
We all know that the refs leave their Alsatians, white sticks, dark glasses and tin cans off the pitch. They do make mistakes, they always have done and always will do but that should be part of the game.
Separately I do think that players should always respect the ref whatever the code as should the spectators. A bit of chat/banter is OK but the ref is still in charge and deserving of that respect. A few cards for dissent would help.