View Single Post
Old 29-12-2018, 11:18   #12
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
A new agreement for BT Sport was made in the summer:
https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...in-4k-uhd.html

So it looks unlikely AMC will arrive at the moment.
Thanks, ID. I missed the fact that a multi-year deal was done last summer. For some reason, I thought the 4K channel was a one-off agreement until the existing deal ended.

I agree, therefore, AMC seems to be out of reach for the time being.

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Where is the source for this “uncertainty” over BT Sport wholesale deal? I’ve seen it repeated a few times but can’t find where it originated.

The Virgin/BT deal was a good deal when it started for both, a good deal when BT got ambitious (Champions League period to date), and there’s really no indication as to why it’d be a bad deal now they are retreating into their shell somewhat.

If they were unlikely to pick up many direct subs in the 2016-2019 period with maximum rights I’d guess the chances aren’t high as the quality of their Premiership games drops (arguably) from next season, SPFL goes from 2020 and who knows about the Champions League from 2021. If anything the stable revenue stream in their period of transition will be a good thing, not a bad one.
I think the deal has advantages for both BT and Virgin Media. We are safe for now.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote