View Single Post
Old 14-01-2022, 13:18   #117
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Novak Djokovic tries to go to Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
His visa hasn’t been revoked for that reason. I’m not being “immoral”, but it’s blatantly obvious Novak gamed the situation by faking a positive Covid test with the relevant authorities in his homeland for the purposes of of obtaining a visa.

He’s been found out because he didn’t isolate at home - a crime in Serbia punishable by a fine or community service.

It’s moved beyond the vaccine passport phase of the argument.

If he wanted to cheat the system he should have at least isolated in line with local restrictions. Had he done that he’d be playing tennis next week.

I accept the points about little/no valid case for a vaccine passport where vaccines don’t stop transmission - but at this point that’s irrelevant. He lied on his forms for entry a fact he plainly admits.

If that merits being chucked out that’s a matter for Australia and their Ministers. They’re a democracy if substantial amounts of Australians disagree then they can vote for someone else.
Then the point I make yet again, which you have conveniently ignored is that, if he has done wrong then let it be handled by a court of law, not a minister making a decision off the whim.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote