View Single Post
Old 17-10-2021, 11:16   #13
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: New one stop service for GOV.UK unveiled

I use the Gateway for my tax returns and I do have to admit it has worked well on most occasions.

The GOV.UK Verify process will still presumably be used to to give people the necessary proof of identity in order to use the One Step entry point and I am suspect that a fair number of people will stumble at this point. From personal experience trying to help a friend to do the same was a totally frustrating process. He doesn't drive so no driving licence, he has never ventured abroad so no passport. so no government approved photo proof of who he is. Snippet from one of the two verification providers...
Quote:
Different services require different amounts of information to make sure you are who you say you are. As a minimum, we ask you to share your government ID to make sure you are who you say you are. It helps if you have either a passport, driving licence or national ID card.

You will be asked to send us this information through our online form or by uploading a photo of the document using our app.
.... and I just worry that, having jumped through the hoops in order to actually use this new app, having a single entry point will actually be counter productive when each Department will end up with multiple options which in turn lead to in further options and then finally, when you think you have reached that golden gateway, you will find that the dang program freezes/you're in the wrong area/you're informed, after answering a raft of questions, you need to speak to an actual person using a highly priced phone number. Of course you are number 1072390 in the phone queue and it is suggested you phone again later when lines are less congested and your phone call is terminated

....and breath. Maybe this will work. Maybe, but I'm not going to hold my breath, I'm too old for all this.